RNS Ubisoft Hyperscape Exclusive deal

Latest Official Bidstack News (RNS)
sectornitad
User Type: Bidstack Investor
Your Bidstack Animal: Bull (Optimistic)

Re: RNS Ubisoft Hyperscape Exclusive deal

Post by sectornitad »

I think rather than target the average AIM investing muppet JD should going direct to the institutions via a proper PR campaign.

Otherwise all we will get is another boatload of flippers bailing out at about 12p.

We want persistent buying from people willing to hold for a year plus..

bidtastic
User Type: Bidstack Spectator
Your Bidstack Animal: Rather not say

Post by bidtastic »

Hyperscape gamer chats about Bidstack partnership.

Thinks Hyperscape is now going to 'blow up' because Bidstack are in charge of advertising it everywhere. :roll:

Reckons JD has leaked Crossplay which isn't currently available in Hyperscape.

First 3 minutes then stops talking.
Last edited by bidtastic on Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nickfletch70

Post by Nickfletch70 »

Thats interesting @bidtastic - he is clearly reading off a script ( pretty poorly!) - not sure he totally understands what we do but hey - all good from a profile point of view

bidtastic
User Type: Bidstack Spectator

Post by bidtastic »

Nickfletch70 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:19 am
Thats interesting @bidtastic - he is clearly reading off a script ( pretty poorly!) - not sure he totally understands what we do but hey - all good from a profile point of view
I think it is going to take the first major brand campaign to be announced (with £££) for people, including most AIM investors, to actually clock what is going on and the scope of the partnership.

Something like Gymshark or Burberry running a one-month campaign in Hyperscape for x amount.

Cramond11

Post by Cramond11 »

I have been thinking of a way to estimate the worth of the inventory of Hyperscape to Bids....

We would not have the DAU for a while, and the fillrate will be a who knows guess work. But we do know that the game is free to play, so I think it is reasonable to say that the ads will be the main revenue for Ubisoft.

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_h ... franchises

the lifetime revenue for Assassin's Creed is estimated to be $4b, and $2b for Tom Clancy's, lets say the lifetime revene for Hyperscape to be only $1b (Ubisoft will not agree) over 20 years.... so $50m revenue each year, say Bids cut is 20%, the ads revenue needs to be $62.5m......

The above calculation is very silly I know, but it shows the potential on this one game alone is massive, the market is totally missing it.....

GlobalNomad

Post by GlobalNomad »

Nickfletch70 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:19 am
so if he prepared something, he didn't do even perfunctory research....if he was given something there is a lot wrong....he doesn't understand what in game advertising is perhaps...interesting that he thought it worth talking about though..

sectornitad

Post by sectornitad »

@Cramond11 here's my take:

First, it is quite hard to determine how many ads will be seen by the player as it is up to him/her where they look! Unlike a bridge ad in a racing game which will always register as an impression. So I have deliberately kept the number of 'max ad positions' low to indicate the number of places ads could be placed which would be seen in an average game. I hope that makes sense! Then there is the fill rate for how many of these places will actually be sold.

Max ad positions available 4 at a 10% Fill Rate.
FR4-10.png
Max ad positions available 4 at a 20% Fill Rate.
FR4-20.png
Max ad positions available 4 at a 50% Fill Rate.
FR4-50.png
For some reason I can't upload more than three images in one go so continued on a new post...

sectornitad

Post by sectornitad »

Max ad positions available 6 at a 70% Fill Rate.
FR6-70.png
Max ad positions available 6 at a 85% Fill Rate.
FR6-85.png
As you can see, even at low ad placements, with low DAUs and low fill rate this deal will be contributing a lot more than any other game to date.

And, if the game does take off and brands really do fall over themselves to be in it, then this one game could easily - easily - pay the current operating costs of the company.

And this, Ladies and Gentleman, is what the market is currently missing. Big time missing.

And just to be clear, the final column "BIDS ANNUAL" is the money Bids gets to keep after paying Ubi. It is from this that operating costs, salaries etc are paid.

Mcfly

Post by Mcfly »

Great posts,

Revenue forecast for the year is £1.5m. We had £275k in H1 and presumably this can be repeated in H2 without further inventory.

That leaves £950k additional revenue required for H2.

Even your second example (1.5m DAU, 4 ads, 20% fill rate) would create nearly £900k revenue in Q4 (based on £3.5m annual revenue).

Minder

Post by Minder »

You’ll need a few more rows @sectornitad, six million people daily played Hyper Scape at the start of September just on PS. https://gamstat.com/games/Hyper_Scape/ With another 2.8 million on Xbox.

I wonder what game retention is generally and how that would effect DAUs. Loyal fan base vs casual users.