Re: Bidstack Chat - Check In

Post by Mr_Chow »

It seems too tricky for some!

mike
User Type: Bidstack Investor
Your Bidstack Animal: Bull (Optimistic)

Post by mike »

JD has also said before on various podcasts / interviews that he's got to be careful of how much he gives away to competitors. I do think there are elements of not being allowed to say things, but also mixed with elements of, I don't want to give away all my cards in case we're doing things that others aren't right now. The longer competitors are left in the dark, the more catching up they have to do when news arrives. Frustrating for us LTH's though!

Girdz
User Type: Unspecified

Post by Girdz »

Yep too tricky for some @Mr_Chow

Forgot the sp was flying after all this positive news.
The market loves second guessing what companies are up to!!

Mr_Chow

Post by Mr_Chow »

Girdz wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:03 pm
Yep too tricky for some @Mr_Chow

Forgot the sp was flying after all this positive news.
The market loves second guessing what companies are up to!!
Unfortunately the AIM market seems to be driven by investors such as yourself. Unless Justin Waite is incessantly ramping, a stock goes under the radar until something seismic happens and they wake up to it. I imagine the vast majority buy with little or no research and don’t understand they are following a pump and dump merchant.

I’m delighted at the recent share price I have an average price of 4.46p as a result of it. I have taken full advantage of insight on this forum to see massive value in the company. Strongly believe we’ll all look back at the time this company was sub 5 pence and kick ourselves for not buying more. It’s just a matter of time, the revenue streams we’ve been told about will get reported on and a big re-rating will occur.

You’ve also been most useful to help understand AIM ‘investors’. Good gauge for market sentiment, level of knowledge and understanding of the company etc.

If all you care about is the current share price why are you here? An app on your phone will tell you that.

jimmy_stocks

Post by jimmy_stocks »

Mr_Chow wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:54 pm
jimmy_stocks wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:02 pm
Do we know what the current DAU number is?
Don’t know actual numbers but DAUs in games under exclusive contracts won’t be huge. But what DAU count are we looking at?

We’ve seen ads in games though where they have either trialled or are selling without exclusive long term contracts. The tech is there ready, the players are there in the multiple millions, the demand from advertisers is there. Developers just need to agree to a free revenue stream.

Large numbers of DAUs sewn up in long term contracts would be great to get the demand side working with bidstack but they have the demand side interest already. Only IAB gold vendor being key there.

Short term all they need to do is successfully be the middle man and put some deals together.

In the context of @sectornitad's post of getting to 8m DAUs by year end, I was just wondering whether we knew where they are at currently with this number, and how close we were to the 8m. Appreciate it is tricky because we know these campaigns from brands we are seeing in FM and Dirt Rally are not constant, nor are the campaigns that were apparently run through EA and Ubisoft. All that was talked about previously was Impressions, but this then changed to DAU's after the first Stifel broker note.

And on that note of EA and Ubisoft, yes it may be to the benefit of all LTH's them keeping schtum on NDA's etc and not damaging relationships, but aside from that and looking at it objectively, I don't understand how working with either of those Game publishers is not deemed as RNS worthy news. Unless there is some loophole or protection that bids can hide behind. How would either of those revelations not be price sensitive?

Mr_Chow

Post by Mr_Chow »

But Bids have told us they are working with them and in an RNS.

They most likely aren’t allowed to formally name them for contractual reasons so what else is there to RNS? If an exclusive contract is signed I’m sure that will get an RNS.

I think long term DAUs is a good measure as revenue linked to these. Just short term wouldn’t get hung up on that. I think there’s enough gamers in titles who’s developers are talking to Bids to hit targets and start the revenue snowballing.

sectornitad

Post by sectornitad »

@jimmy_stocks - you make an important point.

A Daily Active User is recorded as someone playing the game during the 24 hour period known as 'a day'. If the average DAU for a game is (e.g.) 1m then we can be confident that in any given day about 1m different people will play that game.

We also know that Bids are working on the basis that an 'impression' is the whole ad in view for at least two seconds (correct me if wrong, but I am sure this is the definition being worked on). Whether this definition for an impression endures into the final IAB spec for the new IGA category we will find out in due course.

However, what I have yet to hear any discussion on is what is the timeframe within which a repeated viewing of an ad by the same user is not reported as a new impression. For instance, a car racing game such as Grid has an ad over the starting bridge. The user is playing a 20 lap game, and average time of lap is 1 min. Therefore she will see the ad on the bridge 20 times within 20 minutes. Surely that one 20min playing session can not be reported as 20 impressions of the ad. However, if she then breaks for lunch and has another play 2 hours later, does another single impression register? Or will only one user be able to cause one impression per ad per 24 hour period? And what if the same brand is renting ad space on the pit lane as well as the bridge... is it the brand ad, which when seen in the corse of the game, registers the impression or will the two billboards count as two impressions? If just one impression I guess the CPM for that impression could be higher as the player has been 'exposed' to the brand for longer....

What I basically just summarised is just how tricky defining the new category is!

mike

Post by mike »

Yes, important to understand what a DAU is. Being in games which have a net total of 8 million DAU's, is not the same thing as Bidstack being able to show 8 million people ads per day.

We know that in March we had a portfolio representing around 100k daily active users, and we already know that number has grown organically due to lockdown .

Stifel note assumed growth to game portfolio that represents a total of around 8m DAU by end of the year.

But it's also important to balance out the assumed fill rate of 5%. These two variables must go side by side.

Showing ads in games having 4m DAU at a rate of 10% is the same as 8m DAU at a rate of 5% so numbers can flex and we shouldn't be fixated totally on DAU.

That said, if we got into 1 game like Fifa, we instantly hit 10m DAU. A game like Fortnite and we hit 20m DAU.

dreammachine
Your Bidstack Animal: Rather not say

Post by dreammachine »

The DAU/fill rate math makes sense, It’s more the validation that a big name developer will give here.

If an exclusive game deal with Activision, EA, Ubisoft etc is announced, then this will tell the entire market that Bidstack is serious. Which hopefully for us will reflect in the share price.

Speaking of the bidstack link with Ubisoft, I’ve also recently seen Anzu and Ubisoft giving a talk on the same panel. There seems to be such a crossover between Bidstack/Anzu and all the game developers. They’re all crossing paths via these events in some way, but neither have announced anything concrete. Will be interesting to see who grabs what.

Mr_Chow

Post by Mr_Chow »

My point earlier was trying to clarify when Bidstack registers DAU.

Let’s say the Ubisoft title we’re selling into currently is ‘Big Game’ and there are 2m daily players.

It’s not under exclusive contract with Bids. Does that count as 0 DAUs to bids?

But we are selling into it so it’s generating revenue off the back of those DAUs just not under contract. So really it’s access to the DAUs that’s import not the contractual relationship and we already have that.

We’re too focussed on big game announcements, pre announcement they are already selling campaigns into the new games. What’s important knowing a title or knowing revenue is coming? Titles can follow for Chow.