Bidstack Chat - Check In

Hang out and kill some time with some general #Bids chat
Bidfry
User Type: Bidstack Investor
Your Bidstack Animal: Bull (Optimistic)

Re: Bidstack Chat - Check In

Post by Bidfry »

Let’s get hold of MGXYZ he may know something we don’t. :D
Joking aside he must be more aware of the goings on behind the scenes than us.

Mr_Chow

Post by Mr_Chow »

Are we in unannounced games?

Possibly, new titles or games on new platforms where an NDA prevents disclosure currently deal may be sewn up but we can’t make public.

Outlook for H2
Current inventory is at a very low fulfilment rates, only 5% of ads filled (from broker note) during trial phases. So it’s entirely possible for significant ramp up from current inventory.
Doesn’t seem there’s an issue on the demand side. Big brands getting on board and relationships with big agencies.
So as far as new games go, Bids are going to developers with a proposition of a significant new revenue stream that blends seamlessly into the game
with advertisers ready and waiting.

Cant see the developers saying no to IGA so then it’s a choice of Bids or a competitor. Bids are the only ones with the IAG gold standard so have got the greatest potential advertiser base.

We’ve been repeatedly told they are working with major titles and all/most of big developers. We’ve seen ads in games where there’s been no announcements so they can sell into games

I think an exclusive deal with a developer would be announced in an RNS and possibly not happened yet as would take some time to agree all the T&Cs across multiple titles and game formats. In the meantime they could still be placing ads just not under an exclusive long term deal on a campaign by campaign basis.

I think there’s a lot of scope for rapid revenue growth from both existing inventory and new titles. They could get to this years revenue target with a handful of big campaigns negotiated on an adhoc basis.

sectornitad

Post by sectornitad »

Stifel reckons Bids will have 8m DAUs at end 2020. This is in keeping with noise and expectation coming out of the company.

The population of Greater London is about 8-to-9 million

How do you value an ad-tech company which can say to brands "we can get your brand seen by everyone in Greater London. Further more, we can guarantee they will all see your logo"?

What is that power worth? I mean, we get lost in the jargon like DAUs etc but what it boils down to is if/when Bids have inventory of games totalling 8m DAUs then relatively speaking the statement above is correct. Bidstack will be able to target a population of gamers equivalent to the whole of Greater London. Just meditate on that for a moment. Let it sink in.
Screenshot 2020-07-27 at 12.16.44.png
Then meditate on £16m current market cap. How do you value being able to get a brand in front of the whole of Greater London's population? I honestly don't know what that is worth. But I sure as heck know it is a darn sight more than £16m.

And this is only the beginning....

(yes, I know, I know... so far we have to take it on faith that the company will have 8m DAUs by end of year.... I'm faithful though)

Girdz
User Type: Unspecified

Post by Girdz »

Yes @sectornitad but we all want to know how they are going to get the 8mil DAUS?
That’s the big question.

jimmy_stocks

Post by jimmy_stocks »

Do we know what the current DAU number is?

Mr_Chow

Post by Mr_Chow »

Girdz wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:37 pm
Yes @sectornitad but we all want to know how they are going to get the 8mil DAUS?
That’s the big question.
If only they gave us updates on what they are up to.

From placing RNS...
The Company has received its first advertising bookings from the US as well as its first bookings from its network of approved local agencies in Europe, Africa and South America.

Bidstack is now working with most of the major international advertising groups. Although initial spends have been small, the Company has run campaigns for many international brands including Activision Blizzard, Audi, BBC, Football Index, JBL, MG Motors, Penguin Random House, Shell, Subway, Unilever, Vodafone, VW and Warner Music.

As well as having run its first campaign in a new game from a global leader in digital interactive entertainment, the Company is also actively selling advertising into a title from a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services.

Bidstack is working with a number of the world's largest video games developers and publishers including a globally recognised casual games brand, a content developer for mobile and console games and the developers of a well-established battle royale genre game. Discussions are ongoing with many more leading games developers and publishers.

In case it’s too subtle for you the bold section is Ubisoft, they are actively selling into a title already. Note they ‘are selling’ potentially means future campaigns lined up over coming months rather than being delivered today.

Some more time actually reading what they have told us rather than moaning might increase your understanding.

Mr_Chow

Post by Mr_Chow »

jimmy_stocks wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:02 pm
Do we know what the current DAU number is?
Don’t know actual numbers but DAUs in games under exclusive contracts won’t be huge. But what DAU count are we looking at?

We’ve seen ads in games though where they have either trialled or are selling without exclusive long term contracts. The tech is there ready, the players are there in the multiple millions, the demand from advertisers is there. Developers just need to agree to a free revenue stream.

Large numbers of DAUs sewn up in long term contracts would be great to get the demand side working with bidstack but they have the demand side interest already. Only IAB gold vendor being key there.

Short term all they need to do is successfully be the middle man and put some deals together.

Girdz
User Type: Unspecified

Post by Girdz »

@Mr_Chow
Yes I have read all of that.

Keep up with your little digs but I think the general consensus is that investors now want to see what’s happening in black and white, and not have to speculate who BIDs is working with.

As with a lot of JDs podcasts last year, the wording of that statement says a lot with out actually telling us anything.

Are BIDS really under so many NDAS they can’t announce anything?

Mr_Chow

Post by Mr_Chow »

They have basically named the developers and told you they are actively selling into titles.

I’m sure what they can announce they have. They aren’t sat at Bids HQ thinking of games to play with investors.
If they could say Ubisoft and *game title* they would. They fact they haven’t means they can’t. As a start up if Ubisoft and Sony tell you to not mention them by name until (a date/event/launch) happens you keep your mouth shut.

As investors they are telling us lots just with replacing developers names with companies tag lines.
You ask for black and white, it’s all there if you apply the slightest bit of reason and intuition. I’m also pretty sure the tweets and likes we see we’ll look back on and think these made it obvious.

sectornitad

Post by sectornitad »

Scenario 1

Tell big developer you will keep to the terms of the NDA and then turn around and tell investors the details. Big developer gets the hump and rips up the agreement. Other big developers get wind that Bidstack is a bunch of fly-by-nights and consequently doesn't want anything to do with them. Bidstack's long term shareholder value is severely compromised. Sectornitad can't retire early.

Scenario 2

Tell big developer you will keep to the terms of the NDA and then actually keep to those terms. Big developer is happy, the agreement makes tonnes of money for them and Bidstack and come renewal time it is a formality to extend for another bunch of years. Other developers happy to take Bidstack's call as Bidstack is proven reliable partner. Bidstack lays down real, solid, substantial share holder value. Sectornitad retires early and buys a villa in Provence with a pool.

Do you take 1) or 2)? Hmmm, tricky one. Let me think a while....