Hang out and kill some time with some general #Bids chat
Neemoney
User Type: Bidstack Investor
Your Bidstack Animal: Rather not say

Re: Bidstack Chat - Check In

Post by Neemoney »

sectornitad wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:21 pm
@jimmy_stocks - you make an important point.

A Daily Active User is recorded as someone playing the game during the 24 hour period known as 'a day'. If the average DAU for a game is (e.g.) 1m then we can be confident that in any given day about 1m different people will play that game.

We also know that Bids are working on the basis that an 'impression' is the whole ad in view for at least two seconds (correct me if wrong, but I am sure this is the definition being worked on). Whether this definition for an impression endures into the final IAB spec for the new IGA category we will find out in due course.

However, what I have yet to hear any discussion on is what is the timeframe within which a repeated viewing of an ad by the same user is not reported as a new impression. For instance, a car racing game such as Grid has an ad over the starting bridge. The user is playing a 20 lap game, and average time of lap is 1 min. Therefore she will see the ad on the bridge 20 times within 20 minutes. Surely that one 20min playing session can not be reported as 20 impressions of the ad. However, if she then breaks for lunch and has another play 2 hours later, does another single impression register? Or will only one user be able to cause one impression per ad per 24 hour period? And what if the same brand is renting ad space on the pit lane as well as the bridge... is it the brand ad, which when seen in the corse of the game, registers the impression or will the two billboards count as two impressions? If just one impression I guess the CPM for that impression could be higher as the player has been 'exposed' to the brand for longer....

What I basically just summarised is just how tricky defining the new category is!
@sectornitad

Also to consider is if other parties brother/sister for instance in the same house hold play the same game at different times but not necessarily on there own login/user ID, theoretically the game could be played for quite an extensive period so there must be some algorithm determining how many times the ad has been viewed before the cycle starts again, surely 24hrs would be excessive and would have thought there must be a cut off point based on number of viewings, maybe that is part of the negotiation of defining the category?

sectornitad
Your Bidstack Animal: Bull (Optimistic)

Post by sectornitad »

Well, if we ever needed evidence that high-class brands were getting into IGA....

... I am slightly addicted to Bricks n Balls which I play on my iPhone. I just got served a short reward video for the new Bentley Bentayga.

https://www.bentleymotors.com/en/models ... tayga.html

Bidfry

Post by Bidfry »

Very quiet on here considering a better day.
Calm before the storm :D

Fudgerella30

Post by Fudgerella30 »

Bidfry wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:31 pm
Very quiet on here considering a better day.
Calm before the storm :D
I had the same thought!

sectornitad

Post by sectornitad »

Yep. But i suspect that today’s increase will drift away again over the next few days in the absence of game news. What it does show though is just how little it will take to ignite this one when real news comes and the market wakes up to the fact the company is ludicrously undervalued at £17m. We we’re 5% up on fewer than one million shares traded.

lukehold

Post by lukehold »

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/pete-dow ... 91073-3sRj

Bidstack tech? Odd comment, low battery so will check out who this is shortly..

mike

Post by mike »

Hoping that stock liquidity really is becoming lower now and there becomes more demand than there is supply

sectornitad

Post by sectornitad »

From the 2019 report, Chairman's section:
The video games industry is currently witnessing record numbers of daily active users and hours played; concurrently
Bidstack is experiencing high levels of inbound demand from advertising agencies and others. Nevertheless, in its planning
for 2020 the Board has taken a highly conservative view on revenue prospects
and believes it is right to do so, particularly
given the currently unknown duration and impact of Covid-19 related restrictions on movement and face to face meetings.
For 2020 Bidstack's focus remains on securing significant commercial and technological deals that will position the
Company well for growth in the medium term.
Very interesting re-reading this. If the figure of £1.5m for FY2020 is what they think is a 'highly conservative view on revenue prospects' might we be in for a surprise in six months time given that from the recent trading update:
The recent award of the Internet Advertising Bureau's Gold Standard certificate 1.1 has extended the
opportunities available to the Company
for inclusion in media planning by international advertising
agencies. During the period Bidstack has worked with and run campaigns for 11 major advertising
agency groups

In the first half of the current financial year the Company has attracted advertising campaigns from the
United States, mainland Europe and the UK. Customers are moving beyond initial test spends and the
size and scope of proposed advertising campaigns has increased significantly.
Also, note from the Chairman's report specific mention of 'technological deals'. That is an interesting distinction from 'commercial' deals. Could that be a hint that there will be something more substantial than just games being signed? Something like a deep tie-up with a major platform such as AWS/Google etc?

dreammachine

Post by dreammachine »

From the proactive investors website, regarding the up to £10m deal:

‘In a shorter time frame, revenues should improve substantially this year from the £150,000 booked in 2019 though only in the second half when a £10m, two-year agreement with a global marketing services group signed in December starts to contribute fully.’

I thought the deal began on January 1st of this year, as stated in the RNS? According to this, the deal is only kicking off in H2? So the £250k H1 revenue is without this deal even being operational?

dreammachine

Post by dreammachine »

Also, the deal is for £10m per year, starting on January 1st (RNS). So there’s 6 months of this year that this deal has left and 0 of the allotted £10m has been spent. To reach the £1.5m target, we need £1.25m in H2. Why would an advertising agency allot £10m spend for a year, yet only spend £1.25m?

Either bidstack has proper fudged up the game inventory side of things and can’t match Supply side with Demand side, or there’s going to be significant spend in this final 6 months.

The other option is of course the ad agency actually only spends £1m of the allotted £10m, which seems like the more bizarre outcome of the 3.