Bidstack Chat - Check In

Hang out and kill some time with some general #Bids chat
Yatak
User Type: Unspecified

Re: Bidstack Chat - Check In

Post by Yatak »

B.J.Blazkowicz wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:11 am
Coca cola is following suit. Be nice if we got some of that spend.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... s-unilever
Is Pepsi ok? 😏

Neemoney
User Type: Bidstack Investor
Your Bidstack Animal: Rather not say

Post by Neemoney »

Yatak wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:32 am
B.J.Blazkowicz wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:11 am
Coca cola is following suit. Be nice if we got some of that spend.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... s-unilever
Is Pepsi ok? 😏
Yeah coca cola wars all over again👍

MGXYZ
Your Bidstack Animal: Bull (Optimistic)

Post by MGXYZ »

Thanks to Schrow on LSE for bringing some perspective
I would suggest that the silence should be viewed as proof that lessons have in fact been learned from
last year. JD believed his own hype and got ahead of himself before concrete, consistent revenues (I.e. proof of concept) were incoming.

With the assignment of a new, more mature, US-located broker, the advice Bids received may have been along those lines. Also, the experience on that advisory board should be more than sufficient to emphasise the message that under promising and over delivering is always preferable to the opposite. JD even explicitly stated the new investor relations strategy of keeping cards closer to their chest.

We know that Bids have working relationships with some of the biggest games developers and advertising groups in the world. Additionally, we know that they are placing adverts in at least *some* games. We know that they have received a commitment for advertising spend up to £10m this year, it’s difficult to imagine how that could come to nothing with the MASSIVE increase in gaming hours seen over the last few months, and their statement re the 250% increase in inbound inquiries.

The pipeline outlined to sell the fundraiser was also substantial, if only *some* of that bears fruit then surely we’re looking at concrete revenues. And then there was the industry recognition, an important rubber stamp in the eyes of those committing money to advertising spend.

Basically, when news arrives I think it will be substantial. I think JD is holding off for it specifically. I cannot prove this, but I think he understands now what the market, and investors, want. May be months, could be days; my gut feeling is that with so much going on the background, I think the chances of Bids falling flat on their faces is just incredibly slim.
If ANZU are in the game with that performance tonight - it bodes very well for Bidstack indeed.

MGXYZ

Post by MGXYZ »

Simon Mitchell (ex Co founder) commenting on the IAB gold standard...
One of many firsts! Hindsight may well demonstrate one of the most significant 🚀
You’d expect him to have a good understanding of the barriers to significant revenues.

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/ur ... 6929793%29

28 Days Draper

Post by 28 Days Draper »

Bidstack mentioned in the vox markets podcast alongside Miriad and Gfinity at around 28 minutes. Justin Waite has a bit of a rant about the missed targets in 2019 and the lower revenue target set for 2020

sectornitad

Post by sectornitad »

The chap in the podcast keeps on saying Bidstack is having trouble getting the tech to work. Actually, the tech is proven and works well now. Think he is a bit behind on that.

If there is one area still to address it is the measurability - how much of the ad, at what angle to the camera and for how long. That is probably a hideously complex algorithm but ultimately the sticking point there is what will count as an impression, not the tech to take the measurements.

MGXYZ

Post by MGXYZ »

His research last year was surface level.

I don’t listen to him at all (unless it’s a JD interview).

His investment style is all over the shot. Anyone moaning about following JW’s advice have themselves to blame :lol:

jimmy_stocks

Post by jimmy_stocks »

sectornitad wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:14 pm
The chap in the podcast keeps on saying Bidstack is having trouble getting the tech to work. Actually, the tech is proven and works well now. Think he is a bit behind on that.

If there is one area still to address it is the measurability - how much of the ad, at what angle to the camera and for how long. That is probably a hideously complex algorithm but ultimately the sticking point there is what will count as an impression, not the tech to take the measurements.
The tech works in that ads are being served in FM and Codemasters, but it could be argued that the tech doesn't work holistically, in that it isn't generating any notable revenue yet. Peoples will have different definitions of what it looks like for the tech to be fully working. I.e. some may view not having measurability nailed down as the tech not fully working yet. You wonder why we can't be in more racing and stadium games now though, and available to buy on an automated market, whilst the open world is worked on in the background. It seems it is only that measurability part which is lacking.

It is a shame we don't know how close they are to cracking this measurability piece, or to signing up new game publishers or the full ad inventory being available to purchase on an automated market. You would hope when one of these drops, then it causes a dominos effect with the other areas. We surely can't be far away, if targets are heavily H2 weighted. The longer no news though, then the market is going to assume problems and things are not signed/completed, and the sp will slide further. I get the argument aswell of no news for awhile otherwise they would have released it before the fund raise. But by the same token you could argue they delayed the fund raise until as late as possible because they were hoping for news to be ready before, but didn't quite get there. Glass half full or empty!?

Just as an aside, I think the secondary viewing piece and any patents around that might come in at a later date, in line with cloud gaming becoming more popular. The 3 pieces of news above are what we need to see land in the next couple of months. And if it takes 2 months then I will we'll be floating around in the 2's or 3p's by the time it does.

Bidfry

Post by Bidfry »

What did people think of the JW / Alan green podcast yesterday.?
Not too much of interest ,timescales were brushed on.

Cramond11
Your Bidstack Animal: Rather not say

Post by Cramond11 »

checked out couple random videos, two new ads spotted @ 7:15, 12:20....