ANZU

What are the likes of Anzu and Adverty up to and how do they compare with the Bidstack investment?
mike
User Type: Bidstack Investor
Your Bidstack Animal: Bull (Optimistic)

Re: ANZU

Post by mike »

Kudos to Anzu for getting in these games and associating with Vodafone.

I recall seeing a Tweet on Friday (not by Anzu) about this being a AAA game but this free to play game is a long way off of that

My guess is that Vodafone got that space for free or a very low price, otherwise if I were them I would be quite annoyed...

The stream featured more ad space for Anzu than it did for their client

I get that they want to show off what they are doing but IMO, the best way to do that would have been to make Vodafone stand out...not themselves

lukehold

Post by lukehold »

No revenue for Anzu is my bet, given they have a logo on the sponsor side bar and in game too.

Bidstack could have turned down non commercial stuff potentially so not always a bad thing not to win everything
Last edited by lukehold on Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MGXYZ

Post by MGXYZ »

I’ve been looking into how Ubisoft is built up commercially.

It has 40 studios as subsidiaries:
Ubisoft is a French video game publisher headquartered in Montreuil, founded in March 1986 by the Guillemot brothers. Since its establishment, Ubisoft has become one of the largest video game publishers, and it has the largest in-house development team, with more than 14,000 employees working in over 40 studios.[1]

While Ubisoft set up many in-house studios itself, such as Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft Toronto, Ubisoft Montpellier and Ubisoft Paris, the company also acquired several studios, such as Massive Entertainment, Red Storm Entertainment, Reflections Interactive and FreeStyleGames. Ubisoft's studios often cooperate with each other in their projects, sharing different development duties. 2014's Assassin's Creed Unity saw ten studios worldwide work together.
Nadeo (Trackmania devs) is but one.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... ries#Nadeo

Which makes it even more interesting based on how autonomous each studio is.

Nickfletch70

Post by Nickfletch70 »

Folks

For what it is worth this is my take

We are on Aim so need to gain agreement from both parties, and get timing right for both parties , to announce any big news through an RNS.

Anzu aren’t - they can say what they want whenever they want without any regulatory update

We are more professional ( now ) and I fundamentally believe that our offering is miles better

This is non news. - it may though push us to push Ubisoft to get something out there but the timing needs to be right for us and them.

I’m not worried , and the more in game advertising is talked about the better, however if it is seen as poor standard then that could impact on us

I’m more curious about the halting of advertising through Facebook etc by some brands - does that mean a halt or a halt through those mediums?? I think you know what I mean

GlobalNomad
Your Bidstack Animal: Rather not say

Post by GlobalNomad »

B.J.Blazkowicz wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:20 pm

I have worked for a few "leading" companies think anyone can get away with calling themselves "the leading" whatever because it's pretty meaningless. Right now Global is the leading poster on bidlievers don't mean he is leading in the right direction. Its just bullshit bingo words.

touché

as an educator i know how blunt some grading instruments can be.....

B.J.Blazkowicz

Post by B.J.Blazkowicz »

GlobalNomad wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:26 am
B.J.Blazkowicz wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:20 pm

I have worked for a few "leading" companies think anyone can get away with calling themselves "the leading" whatever because it's pretty meaningless. Right now Global is the leading poster on bidlievers don't mean he is leading in the right direction. Its just bullshit bingo words.

touché

as an educator i know how blunt some grading instruments can be.....
That was nothing personal by the way it was just to illustrate the point. Further example; I am awarding you "the Certificate of Brilliance in Bidlievers Posting "
You can now go around calling yourself an award winning poster, sounds great don't it?
D.M. me if you want me to print out your certificate and post it to you.

GlobalNomad

Post by GlobalNomad »

Morning BJ, yes don't worry, this isn't twitter so i'm fine... and thanks for the award...i'll cherish it

mike

Post by mike »

@GlobalNomad congrats
20200628_095053.jpg

MGXYZ

Post by MGXYZ »

Well deserved 👏🏻

Girdz
User Type: Unspecified

Post by Girdz »

@Nickfletch70
Re Facebook.

Brands are pulling advertising from FB because of FB lack on control over hate speech. Nothing to do with minimise spending, or indeed that medium.

FB Et al have grown into such a beast that I think some sort of regulation needs to be in place for social media in general.
Too much hate speech, online bullying, conspiracy theories and fake news.

The benefit to BIDs could be more potential spend on other channels like in game.