ANZU

What are the likes of Anzu and Adverty up to and how do they compare with the Bidstack investment?
MGXYZ
User Type: Bidstack Investor
Your Bidstack Animal: Bull (Optimistic)

Re: ANZU

Post by MGXYZ »

lukehold

Post by lukehold »

The first programmatic in-game impressions in a AAA title...

I’ll read up on how to embed LinkedIn properly sorry
Last edited by lukehold on Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MGXYZ

Post by MGXYZ »

Somewhat harsh on Codemasters there who class their titles as AAA.

But everyone in this industry seem to be keen to be ‘the first’.

Yatak
User Type: Unspecified

Post by Yatak »

Trackmania is being slated currently as they have a subscription model to play the full game, people may get annoyed at being advertised to whilst also paying a subscription.

Bidfry

Post by Bidfry »

What’s the feeling of Anzu and their working with Ubisoft?
Obviously Ubi are a massive force in the gaming world,is it a loss for Bids or maybe the opening of something big for Anzu,Bids and others?
Also are Bids the go to programmatic ad company that they claim with an advantage over the competition ?
Lots of questions rattling round in my head that maybe others can shed some light on.
My initial response to Anzu announcement was they are on their way to taking business away from bids?

Would appreciate some feedback on this.

MGXYZ

Post by MGXYZ »

Not sure what to make of it personally @Bidfry. I’m slightly concerned by it.

Two big links here In EA and UBI, three if you count ATVI but that’s gone off the boil in my own mind.

This isn’t aided by the lack of transparency on the nature of the relationships being built with the large publishers.

The way that it’s been communicated is that Bids is selling campaigns for Ubisoft (using Ubisoft’s corporate description). If that’s true surely BIDS is the first programmatic tech to be in a large AAA publisher? Why is Anzu allowed to communicate openly about it?

The problem here is, we can speculate as much about this development as we can about being in the Ubi games to start with.

We are left to use our imagination which isn’t ideal when making investment decisions.

sectornitad

Post by sectornitad »

I have shares in Sainsbury's. I walked passed a Tesco shop yesterday but I didn't go to pieces because I found out other food shops existed.

I would be more concerned if no other companies were entering the space and winning work. I am delighted that other companies similar to Bidstack are both raising funding and making material progress in selling this new ad category. Every brand that Anzu's sales team warms up is a little bit less work that Bidstack's sales team have to do to convince another brand that in-game advertising is 'a thing'.

Anzu's deal looks like it is a specific location with a specific brand for a specific timeframe. Who knows what margin they had to promise to get it?

There are many games companies out there, producing many games and many brands lining up to get in front of their players. The potential market size is eye-watering:

For Bidstack to be £1 a share would require top-line revenue of 'just' £130m, on a PE of 20 and a blended margin of 24%. Serious minds in the world of advertising are predicting in-game advertising will easily be a billion dollar market in a few short years. I'm happy to share some of that with others if they help to create, standardise and promote the category.

sectornitad

Post by sectornitad »

@MGXYZ Just because one small, targeted campaign is being done by Anzu in one Ubisoft title doesn't mean all Ubisoft titles will now be exclusively for Anzu. A little bit of perspective is needed here.

MGXYZ

Post by MGXYZ »

I’ve not said that @sectornitad - I’ve said we have no idea and it’s left to our imagination.

Let’s be honest, if it was Bids we’d all be having a party this weekend.

B.J.Blazkowicz
Your Bidstack Animal: Rather not say

Post by B.J.Blazkowicz »

MGXYZ wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:11 pm
Well one thing is for sure known - a precedent has been set... Ubisoft are doing in-game ads and it’s not a secret.

Bids has no longer got that smoke screen to hide behind.
But the rooftop picture, it was in the bag?